The successful candidate will report directly to the Location Manager and perform all aspects of construction administration including, but not limited to the following:
- Handle all communications (incoming & outgoing calls, memos/letters and faxes) to insure that the office is run in a professional manner:
- Maintain office supplies and company forms and documents;
- Coordinate accommodation and travel requirements;
- Maintain tracking logs and reports, enter accounting data, and perform timekeeping;
- Setup, organize, maintain, closeout and demobilize jobsite files in accordance with Streamline guidelines;
- Maintain employee files;
- Ensure all documentation required for the processing of subcontractor/vendor invoices are forwarded to the corporate office;
- Establish and maintain a professional working rapport with peers, project team members, and corporate employees; and
- Execute New Hire Documents for all field personnel. Prepare, coordinate and distribute all correspondence and related documents as assigned.
This position may require travel to work sites to fulfill project administrator duties, as required. As such, the successful candidate will be required to participate in required health and safety training and pre‑access drug and alcohol testing, as required by Owner/Clients.
The ideal candidate shall be organized, efficient and results driven. Excellent communications and interrelation skills and an ability to work well both independently and in a team setting are considered essential.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Educational and experience requirements include high school diploma, plus one or two year’s business school, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous secretarial and administrative experience is beneficial.
- Must be proficient in use of computer systems, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the construction industry is preferred.
- Preference will be given to local candidates.
- Previous experience with Timberline software would be considered an asset.