NOW HIRING - HSE ADVISOR/REGIONAL HSE COORDINATOR
We are currently looking for an HSE Advisor for projects in the Fort McMurray area. The successful candidate will report directly to the HSE Manager and location/project manager. Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Being fluent in all legislative requirements;
- Ensuring that project Sites in the region comply with the Streamline Safety Program, Policies, Codes of Practice, and Safe Work Guidelines set by Streamline Mechanical Ltd.;
- Assisting in the development and continuous improvement of Streamline’s Health & Safety Program;
- establishing and evaluating safe work procedures
- recommending policy changes to the HSE Manager
- Communicating regularly with the management team regarding HSE within the Northern Alberta Region;
- Maintaining HSE statistical information for the region and submitting a report to the HSE Manager and Vice President each month;
- Providing Streamline-specific safety training (orientation) to employees, as required;
- Ensuring that a safety database and filing system to track employee safety training is implemented;
- Acting as an accessible resource of health and safety information, internally and externally;
- Leading and coordinating new health and safety initiatives;
- Advising on Hazard Assessments and site-specific HSE issues;
- Assisting in incident investigations, as required and reviewing all incident reports;
- With support from the HSE manager, reporting and filing all injuries claims with the appropriate Workers Compensation Board (WCB) and coordinating any claims management situations (e.g., WCB) for the Northern Alberta region;
- Consulting with the Streamline HSE Manager regarding incidents which are deemed to be high liability or have resulted in, or had the potential to result in, serious injury or death; and
- Conducting and/or coordinating periodic site and office safety inspections and ensuring deficiencies are addressed.
It is anticipated that this position will be performed on a rotational shift basis and camp accommodations will be provided. The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, be very organized and feel comfortable speaking in front of groups. Related education is required and a university degree would be an asset.
Please e-mail resumes and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.