We believe that the success of our company depends on our people. Promoting training and education and creating growth opportunities within the company are important to our future success. Contributions of each employee are acknowledged and recognized to promote performance excellence at all levels.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Streamline is currently looking for Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Apprentice - Level 1 or 2 for our Lewyk Park location. The Apprentice Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic repairs, troubleshoots, adjusts, overhauls and maintains mobile heavy-duty equipment used in construction and transportation within Streamline operations.
(Residence in or around the Fort McMurray is required)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
· Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
· Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
· Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
· Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
· Service attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
· May perform repair work on heavy trucks
· May attach components
· Completion of high school is required
· Registered as a 1st or 2nd level apprentice
· Valid Class 5 Operators (Drivers) Licence
· Valid Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) ticket would be considered an asset
· Valid OSSA ticket would be considered an asset
· Physically fit with the ability to lift a minimum of 50+ lbs per day; 12 times per day
· Able to read, write and speak English
· Overtime required as needed
· Ability to drive in sometimes poor winter driving conditions
· Competitive Compensation
· Benefits included
· Travel to site and meals not provided
· Fort McMurray Lewyk Park location
· Monday-Friday, with the exception of statutory holidays
· 7am to 5:30pm; 10 hour shift
· Construction and mechanic shop environment
If your education and experience meet our requirements, please email your cover letter and resume!
We would like to thank all those who apply, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your submission!